Sunday, February 28, 2010

Road Trip!

To weatherford... Oklahoma. Yeah exciting huh? I didnt get lost once... except for when we were in Tulsa. Its quite embarassing actually; to get lost in your own town. How pathetic.

As I was driving in the dark, moon glazing over the surface of everything in sight. Everthing has a thin layer of moon icing. I thought about all that has happened.. to me.. to others. What oppressing circumstances people must go through everyday. Every minute, second, moment... It completely depressed me for a minute. The weight of the world on my shoulders..(cliche I know). All at once, I felt all emotions. The grey areas of feelings disappeared in my eyes. It was a burning weight that I can't really describe, other than saying, I was the only object in the moons light that didn't have that layer of icing. I was not glazed over. I felt so intense. Muscles were sore from so much surging through my body. Im driving, not zoning out or in, but zoning. I hope that makes sense. It was like all that was around me, I was completely aware of. The shift in gears as my lead foot pressed even harder. The whirring of the heater. The clicking of the cracks in the Highway meeting my car. Oh, how I love that click clack of highway. It was chipping away all that was left in Owasso from me. I left a part of me behind, in hopes of making myself new again. Can you blame me?

It is condescending to say that people dont have soul. Who said you had one?

2 comments:

  1. I believe you lose spontaneity when getting lost can no longer be fun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was quite stressful. There was alot of construction and ramps were closed.

    ReplyDelete