Saturday, February 6, 2010

Last Night

I have to say, I firmly believe things happen for a reason. I talked with Matt last night at the Basketball game. He was exactly who I needed to talk to. He dated this girl for two years, the girl cheated and treated him badly. She broke up with him. He was heart broken... He told me how he felt afterwards and it was astonishing how I mirror him. He always loved her. Now, they are together and have even stronger feelings for her. She changed and he changed. Before, it just wasnt the right time for them. They both needed to grow as individuals. Granted, its highschool. But I disagree with the stigma of "highschool" relationships. I think its still love, no matter what time it is in your life. You can finally fall in love at 80 or 10. I think its the same. I witnessed a guy truly in love with his girlfriend. I saw the way he talked about her and almost convinced me to love her as well. He explained that no one is perfect, and its the imperfections that make people fall in love. Imperfection is perfect.

I am not expecting to find what he has, it is rare and should be cherished adamently. I ,now, have hope that I may find that. Maybe, this year isnt my time. Maybe, just maybe, its later. I will love again. I will fall in love again. Have butterflies, tumble incandescently in love, smile, and be happy. Now, I just have to learn how to open up again, to accept what has happened and find happiness in other things. I am thankful to have the friends that I have and family. They make me happy. Poetry is my food; Writing, my escape. I have it all with me. I just need to open my eyes and see it. I am willing to be patient and not make myself suffer because things didnt work out like I wanted them too. This goes for anything. Any kind of heartbreak.

Shit happens, its up to you to get the scooper out and move on. Disappointment is behind any door you open, just dont let that bastard in.

No comments:

Post a Comment