Monday, February 15, 2010

Falling Slowly

Yesterday, was amazing. Not because of the people I met or the people I was with, but because I realized something. Everybody is beautiful! I sound like a complete fruitcake... and I dont care. I was at Shades of Brown and watched a guy from Colorado sing his lungs out. I never saw so much raw emotion. I got to talk with him afterwards and I admire everything he is doing. He is personally touring around the US and playing and singing with his beat-up guitar. It was so beautiful. There were these two other girls, Mandi and Erin. Mandi sounded exactly like Regina Spektor, but with her own style. I adore Regina and loved what Mandi did. I got to talk with her as well. I sat there, watching these people do what they love, and I loved what they were doing. I would look around and see the man in the corner, wearing all black, brighten from the sweetly raw songs. Couples came, single, lonely, independent. All rightfully deserving of love. I sat there, with my sister and loved her. Valentines day is a day of love, of EVERYONE. Not just your sweety, or last minute pick-up. I made Emily's night. We went to the center of the universe and screamed so loud, I swear my mom heard in Owasso. The only thing I regret is I screamed things I didnt mean. Things, that I want to believe are true, and the thought of letting them out of my body might make them come true... I thought wrong. I just felt bad afterwards.

You are what nightmares are for.

I cant sleep anymore. Dreams are not an escape.




I figured out, if I have emily with me, I can stay out as long as I want. Mom didnt even care we tiptoed into the house at 2:30 a.m. Weirdest logistics...

I heard Falling Slowly from Once at CHOCHS, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment