Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Splitting Headache

I woke this morning with such a headache I think my right brain had a boxing match with the left. Maybe its from the perma-frown Ive been sporting lately. Who knows. I came home today early, for two strict reasons. I hate school, and recovery of possible missing teeth from the apparent boxing match.

I walk in the door of my shoebox home, and find Alfie, my dog, dutifully waiting exactly where I left him this morning. Can you say Loyalty? My god, I wish I had that much tenacity. I lay down, and he comes and licks my hands until my finger prints fall off. Finally, after a thorough bath from alfie, I decided to see if House, my favorite show was recorded. It was not.... but in its holy place, Becoming Jane was recorded. Its just as well, why not have a completely depressing movie about love boost my spirits? Honestly the story of Jane Austen is both beautiful and tragic. I was thinking about it and I would rather run away with my true love and live not as affluent as I might have been with some bore, or no one at all. I would rather lose social standing, success, wealth, nice dinners, for a life with the ones that truly care for me and I to them. Like e.e. cummings said " Kisses are a better fate than wisdom". I happen to completely agree. If, by lucky circumstances you are blessed with a superb education, I warn you. Please do not let your intelligence get to your head.

The other day, I was incandescently enamored by a sunset. The colors, reds, purples, yellows, blues... it was beyond any comprehensable beauty. It is nothing a paint brush could imitate, or a photograph could capture. I made the mistake of trying to share my enthusiasm. They did not recieve it like I had. I must be completely honest, it depressed me. I was so sad, because I know of only one other person that saw things like I do. That depressed me even more. I cannot even share these moments with that person any longer. I can say -shoulda, woulda, coulda- but it wont help anything. It just deepens my wounds even atmore. I guess this could be a way Jane Austen felt. Abandoned for something else. She was only left with a pen andparchment.

Im ready for change, anything. I can leave, I can stay, I just need something else to change. Im in the middle, awaiting my enext four years, and still remembering my last four. Its trapping, and I need some release. That is my reflection.

Its okay for change. I look at what I have inside me, and I feel like I blew out my own flame. what used to be me, has turned quite grey recently. I am a shell of what I could be. Ive been to hell and back again. Days and nights have meshed together in desperation to direct my mind on other things other than what I should have been working through. I cant cry, somehow my body knows if I let the drips of pain seep out, I will truly lose it. I CAN LOVE. Somehow I forgot I could do that. YOU CAN LOVE TOO. This world is full of things that I can never fully understand. Why people fall out of love, why people fall in love. How you can lose patience or hope. I am a victim, but I dont know my attacker. Why cant things find resolution?

2 comments:

  1. Aww Becoming Jane. One of my many favorites. When I first saw that I said to myself "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GO BACK TO HIM!!!! PLEASE!" But then I started thinking about it... and I always admiered her for leaving because she loved this man more than anything else and she had enough strength to walk away from him because it was the right thing to do. I don't think I would be that strong.

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favs too! I'm in the same boat as Chel, I honestly think I would be selfish and not let him go. I probably seem like a horrible person.

    ReplyDelete