Monday, February 8, 2010

Love who you are

I am not writing about love tonight. For now, Im done with it. I want to talk about my night. I had a huge AP Biology project to do with Shirley, Vincent, and Carissa. We all had a talk about race. Vincent, a philipino, Shirley, chinese, Carissa (Spanish/Latino) and me.. white. It opened my eyes even further. What they thought of Americans.. how we..well, they, label. I am mostly Croatian and second generation in America. It really shows how much a label can hurt. I saw a documentary about a Chinese woman that married an African man, they had a child and didnt know what to check on the race on the birth certificate. They had to check "Other" on it. It made me sad in a way, we humans want so badly to label everything. We want to define it down to the atom. Things we cannot even see. I am content on just knowing that I am alive and free and happy. I dont need to see a mexican, asian, european, indian, etc. I need to see PEOPLE that love and cry all the same. That have disappointments and dreams, sacrifices and sucess. I saw tonight that there is sooooo much more than what meets the eye. I plan to reach out to more people, more than I have been.

This world is full of possibilities. Owasso, is a small, small fraction of what there is to be offered. I dont want to get hung up on things here because how much does it really effect the rest of my life? Why get hung up on drugs, alcohol, etc.?? why? I can go graffiti for danger, or go skinny dipping in the cold, or dance at a gay club. There are so many things in reality that are amazing, I dont want another realm to deal with. Loss of control and gripping of things here that are so precious and important. Like those that I love so dearly. I would lose them all with drugs. I wouldnt be able to live with my self. Once and a while is okay, to maybe say you tried pot or whatever but... not a habit. Not something that could potentially be harmful to me and my family. I couldnt do that to them. I love too deeply to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment