Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Last night I went to the band performance at my old highschool. The marching was superb. It really was. I am so proud of them and wish them all the luck in Grand Nats this weekend.

Watching the band really made me emotional. Really, I always am when I go see band functions. I dont know how to decide I feel. Its a huge mixture of sad and happy. I think I go to mourn my highschool days, definately saying goodbye, but not forgetting. I would never go back. That's for sure. Two years out of it and I see why band was so important to me. It was the comraderie, the love, and friendship that made my life at highschool barable. I have so much to be thankful for that because, I dont know if I could have made it through with out band. It truly shaped who I am today and who I love. I wouldnt have met so many people if it werent for band. People I really held close to my heart.

Patrick
Ceirra
Abbey
Chelsey
Sarah P.
Sam
Mrs. Craft
Gorham
Trent
Alberto
etc. etc.

These people really made an impact on me. I have everything I am to thank these people.

Yet, looking at the past, really makes me want to focus on the present and future. I am so happy now. A happy that is balanced for once. Everyone has bad days, but good days are more prevelant. I am so excited to be traveling to Brazil and China! I am so thankful I have these opportunities to see the world. I am excited to graduate and go to graduate school in Washington! I am excited to learn more and more about tea and how to run a tea business, because for once in my life I know what i am truly passionate about and that is such a relief. Everything happens for a reason and I am seeing more and more signs of where I should go.

In my entire life, I have never felt so content and in control with my life. This is what it feels like to truly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment