Sunday, November 6, 2011


I think everyone doubts themselves sometimes. I have really thought hard why I decided to major in International Business and Chinese. It was origionally for the tea. I wanted to be in the business of buying and selling chinese tea. Which, when explained to advisers, professors, college friends and pretty much anybody I meet for the first time give me the same look. Raised eyebrows, twisted smirk and a statement like, "wow, thats weird."

I kind of get discouraged by this. Is this something I can really do? Is this what I really want? Oh god, this is a silly childhood dream that hasnt caught up with reality.

Then, I read this book. And a HUGE wave of relief came over me.

Yes. This is it. The tea store that has now accumulated in my suite room with so much tea, I have told myself I cant buy anymore till I steep the last of it all. This will all come to where I want to go and now I know it.

There just have been too many signs saying I will. I am currently getting ready to meet an editor for a tea magazine. Which is so so exciting! She wanted to know if I could write for her and have a column about my tea journey. I am so lucky. I feel so okay with this that is even scaring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment