Monday, June 21, 2010

What a picture

What a picture

The ice cream man sings
as his chiding truck
drives like a snake through
my neighborhood

I look around from the
hood of my car, engine
is still hot from
my foot and pedal

I am alone

while children play

I am alone

when parents pray

I am alone

Looking in the mirror


What a picture

vivance was closer to me
than my own summer skin
and the cold hands of love
that I thought exists.

The truck wails on
through its speakers
"Go back to childhood
and get high from sugar"

.... instead of pain

What a picture

unknowingly taken
unwilingly sacred
chillingly naked
Thank you
for the D O D.

forever and always

June 5th-15th

2 comments:

  1. I'm probably going to be reminded of this every time I see an ice cream truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I hope that isnt a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete