Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fireflies






Last night was a late night for me. I stayed up until about four thirty. It was weird because I was past the point of tired. Its when your eyes are sorta sore but all you can do is keep them open and think...






Here is what I thought about.






Last summer, as mentioned before, I rode my bike all the time. I bought it after I came home from Europe. Long story short, in switzerland, I rented an electric bike to tour the Crans Montana mountainscape. I fell completely in love with the feeling. It was honestly, bliss. Nothing went wrong. It was a day only seen in movies. They are so rare and I will always treasure that. Unfortunetly, I thought I could duplicate that feeling back home. So, with money I earned for dedicating night shift with grandma, (it was a Hospice Job, I wasnt pilfering money from my dear ol' grandma lol), I set out and bought a vintage red bike. I spent an entire evening attaching a basket as well. It was at first a disappointment. There was not all the glamour and happiness I felt before. Until, a certain chain of events happened. I was hurting and couldnt find a way to find peace. I started riding that bike everyday in the park. Sometimes, when needed, several times a day. I couldnt sit still, because that permitted me to think.



















It was a memory on my bike. It was late at night, probably midnight or so. I couldnt sit, sleep, or eat. So I rode my bike. I know everyone has one of these memories. Where you can think back and almost feel as if you are there. I was riding along, listening to Death Cab for Cutie and Etta James when all of a sudden I was surrounded, COMPLETELY, by fireflies. It was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw. It was like the stars came down to shine and to maybe pay a visit. In and out the glow of the fireflies swarmed around me. I started to feel a foreign feeling. Something I forgot about. I was happy. I was crying I was so happy. All the pain from life just melted away. It was at that instant I knew I would be okay. I don't know how fireflies could be so powerful. I dont really care. I felt.








Manchester Orchestra (I can feel a hot one)- "and I looked like a painting I once knew"






I want that painting back. In time I suppose.






No comments:

Post a Comment